Master & Dynamic Goes Greene
Inspired by the intersection of streetwear culture and the daring and sophistication of the concrete jungle, The Greene Street Collection headphones will be accompanied by a holiday campaign titled "A World Apart." Featuring both imagery and a short video that follows a provocative and otherworldly shrouded character throughout New York streets, "A World Apart" is a visually stunning metaphor for the power of sound and music to pull us deep within ourselves. The Greene Street Collection will be available on November 8th at www.masterdynamic.com.
The Green Street Collection brings brand new colorways to Master & Dynamic's MH40s, MW50s, and MW60s. The Olive and Camo makeovers only bring more color to some already excellent headphones. Be sure to check out the really cool promo video.
OPPO Releases UDP-205 Audiophile Universal Player
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player Gets an Audio Performance Boost
MENLO PARK, California – April 24, 2017 – OPPO Digital announced that its UDP-205 4K Ultra HD Audiophile Blu-ray Disc player is available for purchase. A step-up version of the recently released UDP-203, the UDP-205 brings top-of-the-line audio performance to a universal player that supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and many other digital audio and video formats.
The OPPO UDP-205 carries many of the same features as the UDP-203: playback of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, regular Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, SACD, Audio CD and many other formats; High Dynamic Range (HDR10) and firmware upgradable to Dolby Vision; dual HDMI outputs – HDMI 2.0 for UHD and HDMI 1.4 for audio; and an HDMI 2.0 input port for external streaming devices or set-top boxes.
The audio performance of the OPPO UDP-205 is a significant upgrade over the UDP-203 and previous generation players. The UDP-205 provides reference level sound quality through the analog outputs, improves the clock precision of the HDMI audio output, and increases the power of the built-in headphone amplifier. For the analog output stages, the UDP-205 utilizes two ES9038PRO DACs, which are the flagship of the ESS Sabre Pro series, delivering best-in-class audio performance.
Stereo listening accounts for a large part of audiophile usage of a universal player, and that is why the UDP-205 offers a dedicated stereo output in addition to its 7.1-channel analog audio output. The stereo audio output is powered by a dedicated ES9038PRO DAC chip and specially designed buffer and driver stages. It provides both XLR balanced and RCA single-ended connectors. The balanced output features a true differential signal path all the way from the DAC to the 3-pin XLR connector. By transmitting a pair of differential signals, the balanced output provides better common-mode noise rejection and improves signal quality. For a more intimate listening experience, headphones can be connected directly to the UDP-205’s built-in headphone amplifier. The headphone amplifier is connected directly to the ESS SABRE PRO DAC and offers a unique performance advantage over standalone headphone amplifiers. Compared to the built-in headphone amplifier in our previous generation BDP-105/105D players, the new design offers more power and higher performance.
In addition to its playback capabilities, the UDP-205 adds a USB DAC, a coaxial and an optical digital audio input so users can take advantage of the excellent audio performance of the UDP-205 with other sources. The asynchronous USB DAC input supports sample rates up to 768 kHz PCM and DSD 512. By bypassing the low fidelity, poor quality DAC of traditional computer soundcards, the UDP-205 turns any computer into a high performing multi-media source by utilizing the ES9038PRO DAC. For additional convenience and flexibility, the UDP-205 can convert digital signals from cable and satellite boxes, televisions, video game consoles and other digital transports with coaxial and optical digital outputs to analog.
The UDP-205 features a high-stability, high-precision HDMI clock and a special HDMI audio jitter reduction circuit. This unique design significantly reduces jitter and eliminates timing errors, allowing customers to enjoy their music with increased accuracy when they use the audio-only HDMI output port for connecting the audio signal. PCM and DSD signals rely on the HDMI clock directly, so the HDMI audio jitter reduction circuitry can improve the sound quality of PCM and DSD audio. For compressed bitstream audio, it helps to ensure error-free transmission, and may improve the audio performance depending on whether the audio decoder in the A/V processor or receiver uses a synchronous or asynchronous clock scheme.
Advanced engineering, rigorous parts selection, and rock-solid build quality are foundations to the UDP-205’s performance. The UDP-205’s audio circuitry is powered by a massive toroidal power supply, which provides a very clean and robust power source to the audio components. The brushed aluminum front panel and metal chassis continue the tradition of excellent workmanship found in previous generations of OPPO universal players. Four heavy-gauge machined feet provide a stable foundation for the UDP-205, and isolate it from outside vibration. A new double-layered chassis further enhances the rigidness and vibration-canceling capabilities. The internal layout and chassis design promote healthy air flow so critical components can be naturally cooled. Strategically placed heatsinks and ventilation grilles allow the UDP-205 run both cool and quiet without the need for internal or external fans. The high quality construction is designed to impress and to perform.
Drawing from over a decade's worth of experience in advanced image processing technology and high fidelity audio performance, the OPPO UDP-205 is the perfect choice for discerning enthusiasts. Priced at $1299, the UDP-205 is currently available directly at oppodigital.com and soon from specialty retailers and custom installers. For more information, visit http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/.
Free HopperGO offer
While HopperGO usually costs $99, new customers can receive a free HopperGO when they sign up for DISH between Nov. 21 and Dec. 11. (Offer requires a Hopper 2 or Hopper 3 DVR.)
- Stores 100 hours of recorded content (64 GB)
Creates its own private wireless cloud, so customers can binge watch without worrying about eating up data
- Compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, as well as Kindle tablets
Capable of up to four hours of streaming on a single charge
DISH Announces HopperGo
On any screen size.
An iPad might still be the ideal mobile device for watching TV, but with smartphone screens increasing in screen size and speed, the gap is closing. The HopperGO can be used with any iOS or Android-powered smartphone or tablet.
On up to five devices.
Ninety percent of U.S. households have three or more Internet-connected devices, according to the communication technology company Ericsson. A “one-device pony” has obvious drawbacks. The HopperGO enables your entire entertainment collection to be broadcast to up to five devices at the same time. More devices, no more problems.
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--At the 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show, DISH Network L.L.C. unveiled a revolutionary new personal mobile video drive called HopperGO. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device provides residential customers with the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing. At its late Q1 launch, it will work in conjunction with the DISH Anywhere app on mobile phones and tablets; no Internet connection is required.
HopperGO evolved from a long line of DISH technology, including the Hopper Transfers feature, available since January 2013, and the 2006 PocketDISH, each of which gave customers the ability to move recorded television content to a portable device. Now the whole family can easily take shows on vacation.
“Customers loved Hopper Transfers’ capacity for offline, on-the-go viewing, but we found that they worried about how it impacted storage on their smartphones and tablets,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “HopperGO manages the burden of storage, while using Wi-Fi to simultaneously deliver up to five independent recordings to up to five different users.”
Available late Q1 2016, HopperGO will be compatible with the upcoming Hopper 3, as well as DISH’s existing Hopper 2 receiver. It is priced at $99 for both new and existing DISH subscribers, and is not subject to any monthly fees.
With 64 GB of memory, HopperGO can hold up to 100 hours of recordings transferred via USB 2.0. The drive creates its own private wireless cloud that supports simultaneous offline viewing of different programs on up to five tablets and smartphones via the DISH Anywhere app. HopperGO is capable of up to four hours of viewing on a single charge and can additionally be used while charging.
DISH Unveils Hopper 3 with Enhanced 4K Experience; Most Simultaneous Recording, Processing Power of Any DVR; Announces HopperGO for Offline Viewing of Recorded Content
- 4K: Content partnerships for on demand viewing of 4K titles
- Channel Conflict Eliminated: 16 tuners for improved DVR functionality across the whole home
- Sports Bar Mode: Play four simultaneous, live HD channels on one 4K screen at home
- YouTube: Integration of YouTube coming to Hopper 3
- HopperGO: First personal mobile video drive for viewing of DVR-recorded content on the move
- Netflix: Incorporated into Hopper universal search results
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)- Tuesday, January 5, 2016 4:30 pm MST -DISH Network L.L.C. today unveiled Hopper 3 and HopperGO, each packed with industry firsts designed to change the way consumers find, record, stream, watch and transport content. The next generation of the company’s whole-home DVR, Hopper 3, features 16 tuners, 4K content options including the proprietary “Sports Bar Mode,” and integration of Netflix into its universal search results. The pocket-sized HopperGO wireless flash drive stores up to 100 hours of recorded content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
“Today we are giving consumers even more choice and control over their viewing experience by introducing the most advanced DVR in the world, while also redefining the mobile viewing experience,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “Hopper 3 is more than just a DVR; it’s an entertainment hub that supports and centralizes the various content types popular today, like streaming apps and Ultra HD, while engineered to adapt with the trends on the horizon, like linear 4K.”
Industry-leading 16 tuners create conflict-free TV experience
Hopper 3 contains 16 tuners, more than any other DVR in the world. The expansion makes it easy for viewers to watch shows in multiple rooms, view live programs remotely via DISH Anywhere and set multiple recordings, all at the same time and without the need to manage conflicts or cancel timers.
“Consumers may not spend a lot of time thinking about how many tuners they have, but they do care about being able to watch and record all the shows they want to see when they want to see them,” said Khemka. “Having 16 tuners enables us to give our customers a conflict-free viewing experience while also supporting advanced features like our new 4K Sports Bar Mode.”
Sports Bar Mode, content partnerships maximize 4K experience
DISH is the first pay-TV provider to offer the 4K Sports Bar Mode, a multi-channel view that divides the screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in 1080. The feature works by decoding any four different HD feeds and displaying them simultaneously.
To enrich customers’ 4K experience even further, DISH is announcing agreements with Sony Pictures, The Orchard and Mance Media to deliver movies and other 4K content directly to the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey. At launch, customers with these boxes will be able to rent on demand popular Sony titles such as “The Amazing Spiderman,” “American Hustle” and “Smurfs 2” in 4K.
“The affordability of 4K TVs has increased dramatically, and consumers are hungry for content and features that really showcase the picture and put the technology to work,” said Khemka. “With Sports Bar Mode, we wanted to replicate the fan experience of enjoying several games simultaneously for the home, and combining this feature with our new content offerings gives viewers a rich 4K viewing experience unavailable elsewhere.”
Netflix now integrated into Hopper search
After becoming the first major U.S. pay-TV provider to integrate Netflix into a set-top box, DISH is taking the experience a step further by integrating Netflix into universal search results. With this new functionality, customers who search for a TV series will see a list that incorporates episodes from Netflix, DVR recordings, on demand options and future airings, depending on availability of each. Netflix 4K content will also be available for viewing on the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey, broadening the selection of Ultra HD content available to customers.
“The integration of Netflix titles into our search results is one more way we are making the Hopper a true entertainment hub, enabling viewers to easily find the programming they want to watch without having to run multiple searches across platforms,” said Khemka.
Netflix inclusion in universal search will be available on both Hopper 2 and Hopper 3.
YouTube integration brings popular videos to the TV screen
In the coming months, DISH will launch YouTube on Hopper 3, bringing viral videos and content from a new generation of entertainment stars to the TV screen via a set-top box. YouTube joins several Hopper apps and features that together bring a range of entertainment options to customers, including Netflix, Pandora, Vevo, The Weather Channel and Hopper Arcade.
“Our strategy with Hopper apps is tied to the variety of sources that consumers access for entertainment and information today, making the Hopper a one-stop source for popular content,” said Khemka. “The addition of YouTube fits perfectly with this strategy, bringing the videos dominating the Internet today to customers’ living rooms, all without the need to switch inputs or devices.”
Enhanced processing, storage and connectivity to power the whole home experience
Adding to the conflict-free viewing experience is Hopper 3’s ability to support up to six Joeys simultaneously, powering a total of seven TVs at one time. The DVR is compatible with the standard Joey, Wireless Joey and the soon to be released 4K Joey. DISH is delivering enhanced connectivity options to drive the whole-home experience, including MoCA 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.
Hopper 3 is powered by the fastest set-top box processor available, the Broadcom 7445, a quad-core Arm processor, giving the new DVR seven times the speed of Hopper 2. It contains 2 TB of internal storage, enough to save up to 500 hours of HD content, more than any other pay-TV provider. Hopper 3 is the first DVR to use USB 3.0 connectivity for external storage expansion, which allows for transfer speeds ten times faster than USB 2.0. It features a sleek, modern UI/UX and is navigated using the Hopper Voice Remote. Hopper 3 will be available in early 2016.
HopperGO personal mobile video drive stores 100 hours of recorded content
A pioneer in delivering true “TV anywhere,” DISH has offered features like Hopper Transfers that give customers the ability to transfer recorded content to mobile devices for nearly a decade. Today the brand is announcing an even more revolutionary way to transfer, store and watch recorded content on the move, HopperGO. With HopperGO, every member of the family can take a favorite program with them on vacation.
The HopperGO experience begins by connecting the compact, lightweight device to a Hopper 2 or Hopper 3 via USB. The connection both charges the HopperGO battery (for up to four hours of viewing) and enables users to move up to 100 hours of recorded content from the DVR to the device’s 64 GB of flash memory.
HopperGO then creates a secure, private Wi-Fi cloud to play back different transferred shows on up to five devices at once, meaning several viewers can be watching a different show off HopperGO at the same time.
“We found that the biggest pain point for consumers in using our Hopper Transfers feature was running out of space to store movies and shows on their mobile devices,” said Khemka. “When taking a trip, often you want to have several entertainment options, and HopperGO gives customers the ability to transport a variety of content for every member of the family, without having to worry about running out of storage.”
HopperGO will be available late Q1 for a one-time cost of $99. There are no monthly fees associated with using the device.
Hopper 3 is powered by a Broadcom BCM7445 quad-core ARM application processor at 1.5 GHz, 21K DMIPS. It contains a two TB hard drive for up to 500 hours of high-definition recording (or 2,000 hours of standard definition recording). For 4K viewing, the Hopper 3 can decode and output 60 FPS and 10-bit color. It supports H.264 and H.265 and is compatible with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. It is the first DVR to support USB 3.0. Hopper 3 is compatible with HDR10/BDA 2.0 encoded streams.
HopperGO has 64 GB of flash memory and connects to Hopper 2 and Hopper 3 via a micro USB.
OPPO Releases HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC
High-Resolution Audio Meets Style and Design
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California – February 20, 2015 – Adding a new member to its award-winning personal audio product portfolio, OPPO Digital (www.oppodigital.com) released the HA-2 portable headphone amplifier and DAC today.
The HA-2 is an elegant yet sophisticated portable headphone amplifier with built-in rechargeable battery. It is engineered to enhance music playback from mobile phones and portable music players. Aesthetically, the HA-2 does not look like a typical or generic electronic device. Its genuine leather casing with contrast stitching and beveled aluminum edges are eye-catching and cannot be confused with any other product. Its fit and finish will instill a sense of pride when using the product.
Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC, the HA-2 offers high performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple’s iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, PC and Mac computers. The HA-2 may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and itself can be efficiently charged in 30 minutes. Headphones, from very sensitive In-Ear Monitors to the most power-hungry Over-the-Ears, can all benefit from the HA-2’s excellent performance and powerful amplification.
Key features of the HA-2 include:
- Ultra-slim Design - Stacking the HA-2 on top of some smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
- ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC - ES9018-K2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
- High-Resolution Audio – The HA-2 supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices.
- Multiple Devices Support –The HA-2 supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
- Rapid Charging – The HA-2’s internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.
- Mobile Power Bank - The HA-2 functions as an external battery pack to charge mobile devices.
With smartphone use increasing all the time, users are often carrying a device that is capable of storing high quality audio files. The HA-2 is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices, and it can offer a significant improvement in sound quality over the amplification and DAC available in the mobile device itself, without adding excessive bulk and weight so as to make the combination inconvenient.
The HA-2 offers two USB DAC input ports - one for Apple’s iPhone/iPod, and the other for Android devices, PC and Mac computers. A 3.5 mm input works with the remaining portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output. There are two gain level settings. The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-Ohm headphones. The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive In-Ear Monitor type earphones. For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the HA-2 offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.
With its excellent sound quality, elegant style and mobile-friendly features, OPPO HA-2 headphone amplifier is a great companion to any smartphone or portable music player for enjoying high resolution music on the go. The HA-2 is available now in limited supply from OPPO Digital’s web site at a retail price of $299.
DISH to Launch Industry First 4K ‘Ultra HD’ Set-Top Box
- 4K Joey to work with all HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2-compliant 4K televisions
- Enables side-by-side viewing of two channels in High-Definition
2015 International CES
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), today announced that it will be the first pay-TV provider to launch a 4K ‘Ultra HD’ set-top box. Named the 4K Joey, the unit is designed to easily integrate with DISH’s Hopper Whole Home HD DVR system.
Unlike other 4K pay-TV options which are confined to an app on select TVs, the DISH 4K Joey is dedicated hardware that will be compatible with all HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2-compliant televisions. The 4K Joey will not only play back 4K ultra HD content, it will also enhance everyday viewing of television and sports programming by supporting side-by-side display of two programs, each in HD. This picture-in-picture (PiP) capability was not possible previously and is ideal for sports fans who want to watch two games playing at the same time.
DISH will deliver 4K content from several providers. Specific announcements will be made closer to the consumer launch of 4K Joey, which is slated for the second quarter.
“Our new 4K Joey offers the most versatile, future-proofed 4K setup for our customers,” said Vivek Khemka, senior vice president of Product Management. “It’s easy to install and works with the most 4K televisions, so no matter what brand customers bought over the holiday season, they can enjoy content through DISH.”
The DISH 4K Joey, which supports any HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2-compliant television, is compatible with all Hopper systems, provides full Joey functionality for standard and high-definition televisions and supports playback at 60fps in 10-bit color. The new set-top box is equipped with a Broadcom dual-core chipset and Broadcom 7448 dual-core ARM processor. It features PiP, Bluetooth and supports Hopper apps such as Vevo, Netflix and Game Finder.
The newest member of DISH’s Joey troop can network to a Hopper set-top box via coax or Ethernet connections. The unit also features Toslink and RCA analog audio outputs to accommodate a wide variety of home audio configurations.
DISH Anywhere App Updated with New Interface, Enhanced Personalization Capabilities
- Modernized design features image-driven user interface
- Discover new shows using personalized recommendations
- Update available on iPad, Android and Kindle tablets
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 7, 2014 – DISH rolled out the latest update for its DISH Anywhere™ app on iPad, Android and Kindle tablets. DISH Anywhere gives Hopper® with Sling customers the ability to view live, recorded and Video On Demand content at home or on-the-go from their mobile devices. The update delivers a modernized user interface and new capabilities that enhance the way customers discover, select and view entertainment.
The new DISH Anywhere shifts to an image-centric format featuring large programming thumbnails on a flat, dark background, making it easier for users to navigate to their favorite TV shows.
“DISH Anywhere has been embraced by DISH customers as the premier platform for watching television shows while on the go,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of product management. “This is a powerful upgrade; the app’s streamlined design creates a user-friendly experience while giving consumers a dynamic way to engage and discover new programs.”
DISH Anywhere’s added enhancements are detailed below.
Program recommendations: This feature enables customers to discover new shows based on what they are currently watching and what they have previously viewed.
Watchlist: Customers can add shows and movies to a “Watchlist,” consolidating desired TV programs into an easily-accessible queue for future viewing.
Recents: This drop down menu gives customers the ability to quickly resume recently viewed recordings and Video On Demand titles.
Media page: This feature aggregates information from the Guide, DVR recordings and Video On Demand into one place so users can easily see all of the available ways to watch a specific program, including, if a show is currently on TV, when upcoming episodes are airing, and whether or not episodes are recorded on their Hopper or accessible within Video On Demand.
What’s Hot: Previously available only on Hopper and DISH Explorer™, the What’s Hot feature makes it easy to find a TV show, movie or sports event to watch by highlighting the most popular programs based on real-time data from viewers. Programs can be filtered by local or national viewership and different genres.
Remote: Customers can control their TV from their tablet using a built-in DISH remote. This includes the ability to turn a TV on/off, change channels, adjust volume, access the Hopper menu, and set and playback recorded content.
The updated version of DISH Anywhere is available on iPads, Android and Kindle tablets at no cost. It is expected to rollout to iPhone and Android smart phones later this year. For more information, please visit www.dish.com or call 1-800-333-DISH.
DISH Energizes Hopper Platform Giving Customers the Ability to
Record Industry-Leading Eight Shows Simultaneously; Delivers
Whole Hopper to Whole Home
- SuperJoey™: Now record a breakthrough eight shows at once, virtually eliminating channel conflicts
- Wireless Joey: Any TV, anywhere in the home – wirelessly using blazing fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- ’Virtual Joey‘ for Sony PS3™ and PS4™, LG Smart TV: Hopper experience, including DVR control and channel guides, comes to game consoles and smart TVs
- New DISH Anywhere™ App for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire: Now with integrated Hopper Transfers capability, the total ‘TV anywhere’ solution for viewing live, recorded and video-on-demand content
- DISH ExplorerTM App with Voice Search, Control: Use natural language to search and control live, recorded and video-on-demand shows
- Improved User Interface: New Hopper on-screen design is easiest platform for content discovery and navigation
2014 International CES
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today at the 2014 International CES, DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), unveiled a super-charged slate of enhancements to the award-winning Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
“The Hopper continues to break new barriers in terms of accessibility, affordability and mobility,” said Joseph P. Clayton, DISH CEO and president. “You see that in the way in which DISH delivers more content and virtually ends channel conflict with SuperJoey. Our new Wireless Joeys and software-based Virtual Joeys make in-home installation options almost limitless. And, our app strategy continues to lead the way with best and most value-packed mobile entertainment experience in the market.”
First introduced in 2012 and updated with built-in Sling technology last year, the 2013 CES “Best of Show” award-winning Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR and accompanying Joey set-top boxes have established a category-leading entertainment system that gives DISH customers the ability to record, pause, and play back shows from any room in the home and on the go. The Hopper features exclusive DISH innovations, including the PrimeTime Anytime® and AutoHop™ commercial-skipping features.
The Hopper’s Sling technology gives customers the ability to view live and recorded television anywhere on Internet-connected tablets, smartphones and computers at no additional charge using the DISH Anywhere™ app. The app now includes DISH Transfers functionality for remote viewing when no Internet connection is available.
Hopper with SuperJoey gives customers the ability to record more shows; fights channel conflict
Customers can record up to eight shows simultaneously with Hopper by pairing it with DISH’s new “SuperJoey,” a client that adds two network tuners to the Hopper’s native three tuners.
“With so much to watch on the Hopper, customers have asked for even more recording capability,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of Product Management. “This upgraded ability, combined with the Hopper’s capacity to store 2,000 hours of content, will anchor its place as simply the best DVR available.”
While extending the capabilities of a Hopper to any television in a household, SuperJoey gives users the ability to record up to eight shows simultaneously -- any four shows plus the four major broadcast networks. Alternatively, the five network tuners give users the ability to watch and record any five shows from any network.
SuperJoeys are backwards compatible for all models of the Hopper.
Wireless Joey expands installation options
DISH’s new Wireless Joey system similarly opens up installation options where coaxial or Ethernet wiring is difficult to achieve or undesirable. The Wireless Joey installation includes a Wireless Joey Access Point and a Wireless Joey client.
“High on our customers’ wish list is the ability to mount a TV on any wall – they don’t want to be anchored to a coax outlet or by unsightly wire runs,” said Khemka.
The Wireless Joey Access Point can serve two Wireless Joey clients by creating its own dedicated 802.11ac Wi-Fi cloud within the home. This approach ensures that other Wi-Fi devices in a household do not degrade the Hopper’s video quality. The Wireless Joey Access Point connects directly to the Hopper and will work in homes that do not have Internet access.
New Joey apps gives customers the ability to get the Hopper experience on gaming, Smart TV devices
DISH has joined the introduction of the new Sony PlayStation® 4 system with the release of a software app that gives users the ability to access a Virtual Joey, providing a nearly identical experience to the Hopper’s hardware-based Joeys within the PS4™ environment. DISH is also releasing a Joey app for the PlayStation® 3 system.
As announced yesterday, DISH is offering a Virtual Joey client for Smart TVs from LG Electronics.
“These software-based Joey clients give customers the ability to access Hopper in any room, and customers don’t have to add extra components, or even wires, to access all their DISH content,” said Khemka.
As with a hardware-based Joey, the software-based clients provide access to and control of Hopper content, including live TV, recordings, video-on-demand programs and navigation of the electronic program guide.
DISH delivers updated DISH Anywhere app; adds Kindle Fire as a platform
DISH recently released its updated DISH Anywhere app for iOS and Android devices. Among the improvements is the integration of the DISH Transfers™ feature into DISH Anywhere, which gives users the ability to view recorded content where no Internet connection is available.
DISH will be releasing a version of DISH Anywhere for Kindle Fire tablets.
Voice search and control with DISH Explorer App; Updated user interface
DISH has added voice search and Hopper control capabilities to its DISH Explorer second-screen app for iPad.
“We’ve taken voice search for TV to a new level,” said Khemka. “Customers can now perform and build voice-driven searches to find live TV shows, make video-on-demand selections or play back anything they have recorded on their Hopper.”
Customers can use natural language to search by title, actor or genre and can build contextual searches that can narrow results.
In addition to search, customers can use voice commands to control basic functions of the Hopper, including recording and playback.
Finally, DISH has improved Hopper’s user interface making navigation easier and has added a “recommendations” capability to the Hopper’s channel guide. This feature recommends similar shows to those being watched, including TV shows, movies, sporting events or video-on-demand content.
Hopper with Sling is powered by a Broadcom BCM7425 processor and contains a two-terabyte hard drive, giving viewers the ability to record up to 500 hours of high-definition (2,000 hours of standard definition) content. DISH’s Hopper includes built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi for easy connection to customers’ home networks.
SuperJoey is powered by a 1305 MHz, 3000 DMIPS Broadcom BCM7346 processor, features two satellite tuners, remote finder functionality, and supports MoCA and Ethernet connectivity.
Wireless Joey is powered by a 900MHz 2000 DMIPS BCM7418 processor. The wireless performance for both the Wireless Joey and the Wireless Joey Access Point is driven by the Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac chip operating at the 5Ghz band. The system features 3x3 MIMO with beam forming internal antennas and auto frequency selection.
Availability of SuperJoey, the Virtual Joey apps and the DISH Anywhere for Kindle Fire will be announced in the first quarter of 2014. DISH expects to release the Wireless Joey this spring.
DISH App Delivers Hopper Experience on PlayStation®3
and PlayStation®4 Systems Starting Spring 2014
Software-based “Virtual Joey” client connects to DISH Hopper, making live TV and recordings accessible on PlayStation® platforms
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH), today announced that it will be launching an application that gives customers control of the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR on Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®4 (PS4™) systems starting Spring 2014. DISH’s Virtual Joey provides a nearly identical experience to the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR’s hardware-based Joey®, making live TV and recordings accessible on PlayStation platforms.
With millions of PS3 and PS4 systems in U.S. homes, PlayStation owners with a DISH subscription will be able to stay connected with their Hopper system via a software-based Virtual Joey client. Using a customer’s home network, the Virtual Joey can connect wirelessly to the Hopper allowing for installation options where coaxial or Ethernet wiring may be difficult to access.
“DISH’s ‘Virtual Joey’ brings the industry’s most awarded DVR experience to millions of PS3 and PS4 systems already in American homes,” said Joseph P. Clayton, DISH president and CEO. “We strive to provide consumers with the best TV experience and ‘Virtual Joey’ means DISH is delivering even more choices in how and where consumers enjoy their Hopper.”
The software-based clients operate on users’ wireless or wired home networks and provide access to and control of the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR, including live TV, recordings and navigation of the electronic program guide.
DISH expects to release the PS3 and PS4 apps to DISH customers within the first half of 2014.
To use the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR capabilities on PS3 and PS4 systems, DISH subscribers will need to download an application from the PlayStation Store to their PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4. Customers can operate the Virtual Joey on PS3 or PS4 using a DISH remote or DUALSHOCK controller.
DISH will provide “Virtual Joey” demos on PS3 systems in the Las Vegas Convention Center in Central Hall at booth #8243.
New DISH Anywhere App Features ‘Transfers’ for Android, iPad and iPhone
- Addition of ‘Transfers’ functionality to DISH Anywhere speeds access of favorite content on mobile devices
- Watch transferred content even when no Internet connection is available
- Easily watch live TV and DVR recordings from Hopper with Sling on tablets, smartphones, and computers
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Responding to growing consumer demand to watch favorite content on mobile devices, DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) is readying an upgrade to its DISH Anywhere™ app that incorporates Transfers functionality to both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Using the new DISH Anywhere app, Hopper™ with Sling® users will soon be able to transfer their favorite shows for offline viewing to iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets. This enhancement will be pushed as an update to the free DISH Anywhere app by the end of the year.
Currently, DISH offers two different apps for remote viewing, DISH Anywhere and Hopper Transfers. DISH Anywhere is used when connected to the Internet for remote viewing of live TV programs or recorded events and is available on most Internet-connected devices including iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets.
Hopper Transfers is the second DISH app for remote viewing. It is used to move recorded programs from a Hopper with Sling to mobile devices for watching programs when an Internet connection is unavailable. This app and capability is currently only available for iPads.
TWO MOBILITY APPS BECOME ONE
By the end of the year, both convenient features, Internet viewing and transfers, will be available within the new DISH Anywhere app and will work with both iOS and Android mobile devices.
“Responding to subscribers who want an even easier way to fully utilize the capabilities of the Hopper with Sling, today, we’re announcing an overhaul of the DISH Anywhere app,” said Vivek Khemka, senior vice president, product management at DISH. “By year’s end, Hopper with Sling users will be able to remotely watch live and recorded shows and transfer recorded programs to their iOS and Android devices, all within the new DISH Anywhere app.”
RBH SOUND EXPANDS PERSONAL AUDIO LINEUP WITH NEW MODEL
Layton, UT – February 27, 2013 – RBH Sound, a manufacturer of high performance audio products, increased their personal audio products assortment today with the introduction of a new noise isolating in-ear headphone model. Named the EP2, the new model features a sleek aluminum design and high performance adopted from the company's popular EP1 in-ear headphones; a model which the company launched only seven months ago. The EP2, unlike its lower-priced sibling, includes remote control and a microphone allowing those with Apple®, Android® and other smartphones to manage their music as well as place and receive phone calls hands-free. For convenience, the microphone and remote control button are located in an inline aluminum control module on the EP2's tangle-resistant fabric cord.
"The EP2s are a welcome addition to our personal audio product lineup," said Daren Egan, director of sales and marketing for RBH Sound. "The EP1 is a great product, and has been very successful for our company; however, there are those who want more than just high fidelity sound, they want remote control and hands-free ability. The EP2 gives those listeners yet another reason to enjoy, and control, their favorite music on the go." Egan also commented that, with the recent introduction of RBH's personal audio products, one of the company's primary objectives is to introduce the brand and a premium sound experience (much like the company's freestanding speakers) to a wider range of listeners.
To make sure the EP2 delivers impressive performance, the new model features a custom-designed 13mm full-range driver, one of the largest in the industry, all the while incorporating a sleek and compact design. RBH claims the 13mm driver gives the EP2 a very smooth and extended frequency response with plenty of deep bass, and the ability to play louder than the competition with much lower distortion. The EP2’s black and silver casings and control module are constructed of aluminum for durability, and the 1.2 meter cord is encased in a woven cloth to be tough, yet tangle-resistant. A set of medium Comply™ foam tips come pre-installed on the EP2s for optimum sound quality and noise isolation. Four more pairs of interchangeable ear cushions are included to please anyone; a large set of Comply™ foam tips and three other pairs made of silicone rubber. Also included are a cord-managing shirt clip and a small pouch to store the unused ear cushions.
The EP2s include a generous 2-year warranty and are priced at $179 per set including free shipping within the continental United States. They’re available and shipping now, and can be purchased on the company’s web site at www.rbhsound.com/ep2.php or through the company’s authorized dealer network.
OPPO Announces the New BDP-103 Universal 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
High Definition Video and Audio from All Sources.
The BDP-103 represents a marked evolution in OPPO's design and engineering. New to this model are exciting features such as 4k video up-scaling, 2D to 3D conversion, dual HDMI inputs and MHL compatibility. A new dual-core System-on-Chip processor delivers quick startup and fast disc loading speed. With improved network streaming applications and an enriched media playback interface, the BDP-103 is a versatile player that delivers quality picture and premium sound.
Diversified Media Support:
- Blu-ray Disc - The high definition Blu-ray Disc™ format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
- Blu-ray 3D – Experience high definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-103 supports the Blu-ray 3D specifications and is fully compatible with Blu-ray 3D discs1.
- 2D to 3D Conversion – Take your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content to the next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press of a button. The BDP-103 can also adjust the depth and eye convergence levels to suit your personal preference.
- SACD - The BDP-103 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native format or convert it into PCM.
- DVD-Audio - The BDP-103 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- Netflix Instant Streaming - Instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix3. Netflix "Just For Kids" is a special selection of kid-friendly TV episodes & movies for younger viewers. It is included with your Netflix unlimited streaming membership. Selected titles support features including 1080p video, 5.1ch audio, subtitles and alternative audio languages.
- VUDU HD Movie Streaming - Stream thousands of movies instantly the day-and-date they are released on DVD/Blu-ray in stunning 1080p video, rich 7.1 surround audio and even in 3D2.
- Pandora Internet Radio - Personalized music streaming using the Music Genome Project, staying true to their mission: "Playing only the music you'll love".4
- Comprehensive Internet Streaming - In addition to Netflix, VUDU and Pandora, the BDP-103 provides access to popular entertainment network services from Film Fresh, YouTube Leanback and Picasa, with more to come.
- BD-Live & BonusVIEW - The BDP-103 supports BD-Live™ (Profile 2.0) and contains all necessary hardware - audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wireless networking, and 1GB of internal storage - for BD-Live. It also supports BonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling "picture-in-picture" and audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
- Additional Disc & Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-103. The BDP-103 fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC audio formats.5
Unparalleled Video Quality:
- Qdeo by Marvell - The BDP-103 incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2H video processor with the latest generation Qdeo™ technology. Qdeo video processing delivers a truly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural video free of noise and artifacts for all types of content. For high-quality Blu-ray content, the BDP-103 faithfully reproduces the program just as the director intended; for DVD, the up-converted picture quality bridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs; for network streaming and user-encoded content at a variety of formats and quality, the BDP-103 offers enhancement options including video noise reduction, compression artifact reduction, intelligent color, contrast, detail and edge enhancements. To learn more about the Qdeo video processing technology, please read the Qdeo Extended Technology Brief.
- 4K Up-scaling - Enhance the home theater experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution.
- DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV. Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer, smoother, and more true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.
- Full HD 1080p Output - The BDP-103 features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.
- True 24p™ Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-103 can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience. It can also restore the original 24 frames per second progressive-scan video from well-authored DVDs and output 1080p 24Hz.
- Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, the BDP-103 offers a "Source Direct" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
- Multiple Zoom Modes - The BDP-103 supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming. Users can watch a movie in its original aspect ratio, fit to the full screen, or zoom in to remove the black bars on some titles.
- Vertical Stretch Mode - For customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system, the player's zoom options include a vertical stretch mode to work nicely with an anamorphic lens. A unique subtitle shift feature allows the user to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display.
- Advanced Picture Control - Users can have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, noise reduction, color and contrast enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes to suit a variety of viewing conditions and content types.
High Fidelity Audio:
- Dolby® TrueHD - Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The BDP-103 supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.
- DTS-HD Master Audio™ - DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-103 supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
- 7.1-Channel Analog Output - Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-103 delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. For users with stereo speakers, the 7.1-channel analog output can be configured to a stereo down-mix mode.
- Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs - For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-103 features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
- Rigid Chassis Construction - Built around a steel chassis, aluminum faceplate, and center-mounted disc loader, the BDP-103 is designed to impress as well as to provide a stable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.
- Dual HDMI Outputs – Two HDMI v1.4a output ports are provided to offer the most versatile installation options to both older and newer HDMI equipment. You do not have to upgrade your A/V receiver to a 3D model in order to enjoy 3D. One HDMI output of the BDP-103 can be connected to a 3D TV and the other can be connected to a pre-3D HDMI v1.1-1.3 A/V receiver. For projector users, you can connect one output to a projector for home theater use and the other to a TV for casual viewing. For a multi-room installation the BDP-103 can output audio and video to two 3D or 2D TVs simultaneously.
- Dual HDMI Inputs – Connect external devices such as set-top boxes and network streaming devices to take further advantage of the excellent audio and video processing functions by the BDP-103. The BDP-103 offers two HDMI inputs, one on the front and one on the back.
- MHL Input – Simplify connecting smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices to the home theater by using the MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) input port of the BDP-103. Display high resolution pictures, 1080p video and listen to pure digital music all while simultaneously charging the connected mobile device. The front HDMI input port of the BDP-103 doubles as the MHL input.
- Wireless & Ethernet – Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from providers such as Netflix or VUDU, playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-103 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.
- Triple USB Ports - Three USB 2.0 high speed ports are provided, one on the front panel and two on the back. Users can enjoy high definition video, high resolution photos and music directly from their USB drives.
- PAL/NTSC Conversion - The BDP-103 supports NTSC and PAL systems for both disc playback and video output. It can also convert content of one system for output in another. (Subject to DVD and BD region restrictions.)
- Back-lit Remote Control - The BDP-103 comes with a fully back-lit remote control for ease of use in dark home theaters. With its ergonomic button layout and clear labeling, operating the Blu-ray Disc player is easier than ever.
- Universal Power Supply - The BDP-103 features a wide-range world power supply that is compatible with AC power from all regions. No worries about damaging the player due to incorrect power voltage.
- External IR - For integration into home theater control systems, the BDP-103 provides an external IR IN port to use with an IR distribution system.
- RS232 Control - For custom installation, the BDP-103 offers an RS232 control port with a rich control and communication protocol. Installers can easily program their favorite control systems to operate the BDP-103.
- Remote Control Apps – For additional user convenience, the BDP-103 can be operated using remote control apps running on compatible smartphone and tablet devices. The remote control app for Android is already available. An app for Apple iOS devices is coming soon.
- HDMI CEC - HDMI Consumer Electronics Control simplifies the home theater by allowing a single remote control to operate multiple devices.
- Gracenote MusicID® and VideoID™ - By connecting to Gracenote's global media database over the Internet, the BDP-103 can offer an enriched playback experience by displaying Cover Art, Title, Artist, Genre and other media information for CD, DVD, Blu-ray and a wide range of digital media files.
- DMP & DMR - Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) features enables wired or wireless access of audio, picture, and video files stored on DLNA-compatible digital media servers such as a computer or network storage device (NAS).
- SMB/CIFS Access - The BDP-103 comes with an experimental feature that can access video, audio and picture files shared by computers on the local network via the Server Message Block (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocols.
1Requires proper 3D television and glasses.
2Service available in the United States only. A VUDU user account is required to rent or buy movies and TV shows.
3U.S. - Netflix unlimited streaming membership required. International - Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited membership required. More information at www.netflix.com
4Service available in the United States only.
5Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best-effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
||BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
||BD-ROM Version 2.5 Profile 5 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)
||1GB (Actual space available for persistent storage varies due to system usage)
||Analog Audio: 7.1ch, 5.1ch, stereo.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: up to 2ch/192kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS.
HDMI Audio: up to 7.1ch/192kHz PCM, up to 5.1ch DSD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/4Kx2K, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
||HDMI Audio: up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS and AAC.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
MHL Audio: up to 5.1ch/192kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS.
MHL Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
|Frequency: 20Hz – 20kHz (±0.05dB), 20Hz – 96kHz (-4.5dB ~ +0.05dB)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: < 0.006% (1kHz at 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
||Power Supply: ~100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 35W (Standby: 0.5W in Energy Efficient Mode)
Dimensions: 16.8 x 12.2 x 3.1 inches (430mm x 311mm x 79mm)
Mass: 10.8 lbs (4.9kg)
||41°F - 95°F
5°C - 35°C
||15% - 75%
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DISH INTRODUCES HOPPER AND JOEY – NEXT GENERATION WHOLE-HOME HD DVR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
- Features two-terabyte hard drive for up to 2,000 hours of entertainment
- Never miss a primetime network show with PrimeTime Anytime
- Recordsup to six programs in HD simultaneously, including PrimeTime Anytime
- Hopper and three small Joeys let viewers watch HD and control DVR in four rooms
Las Vegas – Jan. 9, 2012 – [NASDAQ: DISH] – DISH NetworkL.L.C., the nation’s third largest pay TV provider, today introduced awhole-home high definition DVR entertainment system featuring the award-winning Hopper™ and Joey™.
The Hopper HD DVR and accompanying small Joey set-top boxes create a whole-home HDDVR entertainment system that lets DISH customers easily record, pause, andplay back shows from any room in the home. While most whole-home DVRs do nothave the same DVR functionality on every TV, the Hopper and Joey whole-homesystem offers the same DVR functionality on every TV, letting customers pause,play and rewind both live and recorded HD programs in up to four rooms.
The Hopper was unveiled by DISH CEO Joe Clayton at the 2012 International CES inLas Vegas today, and it is already winning honors as a CES Innovations 2012Design and Engineering Award honoree. Pricing and packaging will be announced later this quarter.
The main Hopper unit features:
- Three satellite TV tuners
- A two-terabyte hard drive for up to 2,000 hours of video entertainment
- Up to 250 hours of HD or up to 1,000 hours of SD user recordings
- Bluetooth for linking to devices such as wireless headphones
- Picture-in-picture for watching any two channels simultaneously
Combined with a Joey, the Hopper whole-home HD DVR system offers more advanced features:
- 750 MHz Broadcom processer – the fastest satellite receiver processor available today for a quick, responsive on-screen guide
- Approximately 50 percent more energy efficient for a four-room installation than previous models
- ZigBee RF4CE using a proprietary protocol remote with “remote control finder” alert
- High definition user interface
- Easy-to-use, fast, graphical, tile-based user interface with predictive search
- Small, sleek chassis for convenient placement
“Building on a heritage of award-winning DVRs, DISH is proud to be the first to introduce a groundbreaking product that delivers the most choices for TV entertainment by integrating multiple sources of video into one set-top box,” said DISHNetwork CEO Joe Clayton. “The Hopper gives our customers network TV showson demand and thousands of family movie choices streaming or delivered to thehard drive. With its massive storage, the Hopper leads the industry indelivering the most entertainment options, bar none, for every member of the household.”
The Hopper – Endless Entertainment Options
The Hopper’s new, unparalleled feature, PrimeTime Anytime™ allows customers, with oneclick, to record using a single tuner all of the primetime TV programming fromABC, CBS, FOX and NBC – the networks that deliver the most popular showsduring primetime. Once activated by a customer, PrimeTime Anytime recordsnetwork programming in high definition, where available, every night and storesthem for eight days after they have aired. This creates an on-demand library ofapproximately 100 hours of primetime TV shows, and makes it easy to catch up onepisodes from last night and last week’s airing.
The Hopper can record up to six TV showsat once (two live programs and four PrimeTime Anytime shows) while allowingviewers to watch up to four different recorded or on-demand shows in four roomsof the house, simultaneously. This gives a family a variety of options tocontrol or view their recordings and to watch shows in any room from a singleHopper.
The Hopper’s on-demand capabilities give access to DISH’s Blockbuster@Home™ for $10 per month which is now enhanced with more than 10,000total titles streaming to the TV.
The Hopper also offers on-demand content for customers with limited or no Internet access with a feature called DISH Unplugged. This feature delivers viasatellite hundreds of the most popular movies and TV shows to the hard drive,including transactional and authenticated videos on demand. DISH Unpluggedprovides a high quality picture without buffering and makes available many ofthe same streaming movie choices offered by Blockbuster @Home, including premium movie access.
And for subscribers of DISH’s America’s Top 120 programming package orgreater, the Hopper provides whole-home music distribution from 73 SiriusXMchannels, including album art and a unique collapsible list of music channelslocated at the top of the channel guide at Channel 99, making it faster andeasier for Sirius XM music fans to find their favorite music.
Additionally, the Hopper will features TV apps that give viewers real time access to Facebook, Twitter, Pandora and photo sharing, as well as games, news, weather,sports, and stock quotes.
Customers can manage the Hopper via the Internet at www.DishOnline.com or the DISH Remote Access app, providing the ability to control DVR recordingson their tablets, smartphones and computers. Connecting the Hopper withDISH’s Sling® Adapter provides customers the ability towatch and control all live TV channels, PrimeTime Anytime programs and the DVRon their computer, tablet or smartphone wherever they go.
The Hopper and Joey are designed and engineered by EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ:SATS). The Hopper works by distributing HD signals through existing co-axialcable in the home using the Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) specification.The Hopper is powered by a Broadcom 750 MHz processor, the most powerfulsatellite TV processor available today delivering a fast and responsiveon-screen guide and a graphical user interface that features channel logos tohelp search channels, movies or TV shows quickly. The advanced search platformalso allows for navigation of programs across satellite TV, broadband and anoptional external hard drive.
Formore information about the award-winning Hopper and Joey by DISH, includingtechnical specifications, please visit www.dish.com/hopper.
To watch live TV on the iPad, subscribers need a Sling Adapter from DISH and a broadband-connected compatible DISH HD DVR receiver. More information is available at dishnetwork.com/tveverywhere/remoteaccess.
Any comments or questions
regarding the LA Audio File Web Site should be forwarded to
© 1985-2014 L.A. Audio File.